Windows may have its own mobile based operating system, but do you know that Google which has its own Android system for mobiles in the form of Android also owns the Google Maps. Now, you may ask that can we use the Google Maps which is of Google on Windows Phone 7? The answer is yes you can use the Google Maps on your Windows Phone 7.
So, in the due course of this article let’s see on how one can use the Google Maps on their Windows Phone 7. No jargons or a tough job, all you need to do is to just follow the instructions which are mentioned below in the form of a simple to understand tutorial. Since many of the users might have migrated from the low end phones or for all those who wanted to know on how to use gMaps on WP7, the tutorial below will be perfect one.
Procedure to use Google Maps on Windows Phone 7:
- From the home screen of your Windows Phone 7, you first need to swipe the screen to the left hand side so that you can get into the applications as well as the various settings which are there on your Windows Phone 7.
- Once you are into it, you just need to find an option called “gmaps” after which just tap on the same to open the Google Maps application.
- As soon as you open the application of the gmaps, you will see that the maps database will be loading and depending upon the internet connection the maps will be loading in quite a while.
- After sometime, you will have to go to the lower end of the screen and need to tap on the first option after which the current location of you will be rendered and then your current location will be shown on the screen.
- Now, when your actual location is shown, now you may want to search for a place to where you wish to travel. Just enter the location where you wish to go after which just tap on the “Go” option. It will search for the location for quite a while as the data will be rendered depending upon the Internet Speed.
So, now in this way you can search for the locations on the Google Maps, after searching if you wish to calculate the distance to that place then tap on the car option to calculate the distance and then you can plan your travel accordingly. For your convenience, we have also demonstrated the same in the Video which you can find below.