How often you didn’t need Shutdown button in your PC? I think the answer would be no time, ie., I always need that options as always whenever a critical software is installed it need a Restart to the PC. So here is one optional trick which can be performed on your registry.
You can remove shutdown button from your computer with the following registry edit mentioned in the procedure. Please not that this is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Remove Shutdown Options From Windows 7 Start Menu
Here is the procedure of removing Windows 7 button through Start Menu –
- Start Run in your Windows 7 PC but holding Start Button + R and then type regedit and hit OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Now right on the right side pane and select New > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
- Give the new DWORD a name like REMOVE RESTART or NoClose.
- Double click on it and set the Hexadecimal valur to 1, then click on OK.
- Close regedit and reboot your PC to see the changes.
Still you can shut down your PC by following the steps to shutdown through run command.
Once again to add the Shutdown button you need to follow the same step by step procedure and put the Value data back to 0.