Be it a television, Radio, Outdoor, Websites and now also in browsers and chat engines like Windows Live Messenger advertisements doesn’t seem to stop following us, so is there any way out that at least we can avoid the ads in Windows Live Messenger? Yes, there is a way out with which you can easily avoid the ads in the Windows Live Messenger, let’s check out how you can do this so that at least in Chat engine like Windows Live Messenger you can stop them without either installing any additional softwares or changing the registry values or entries.
Procedure to block ads in Windows Live Messenger:
- First, you need to close the latest Windows Live Messenger 2011.
- Now, you need to click on the Orb (Start button).
- Select All Programs from the list and go to the Accessories folder and simply right-click on the Notepad application.
- After this, select Run as administrator and continue through the UAC prompt.
- As soon as the Notepad opens up, go to the menu, click on File and then you need to select Open.
- At the bottom of the Open window, you need to use the dropdown next to the File name textbox and select All files (*.*) then browse to:
- Now, you need to Open the hosts file and need to input the following:
- Now, simply save the file and close Notepad and then again click on the Orb (Start button).
- Select All Programs. Go to the Accessories folder and right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Continue through the UAC prompt.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, execute the following command:
- As soon as the command gets executed, you just need close the Command Prompt window and open Windows Live Messenger 2011 and you will find that ads are no longer there as shown below.