All those who are not satisfied with the Windows Aero GUI (In fact which needs high capacity video card for high performance) on Windows 7 can disable it simply and can have the basic themes. The process is quite simple and is different for Windows 7 and Vista.
How to disable Aero on Windows Vista:
- Step 1: Right click on the home desktop and then select the “Personalize” option. Now click on the “Window Color and Appearance” link as shown in the screen shot below.
- Step 2: Now you will get the box as shown below, so go on, and click again on “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”.
- Step 3: Now you can disable Aero by selecting “Windows Vista Basic” as shown in the figure below.
How to disable Aero on Windows 7:
- Step 1: Right click on the home desktop and select “ Personalize” option as shown below.
- Step 2: Now you will get various themes and from that just select the “Windows 7 Basic Theme”.
That’s it; this is the process for disabling Aero on Windows 7 and Vista.