Windows 7 is the latest release of the Windows version by Microsoft. Its quite a bigger task to manage files and folder in your Windows. Renaming many files in a folder renaming a file individually can take a lot of time if you go ahead and do it manually. If you research and find out you can rename all of them at once and thus saving a lot of time in editing files properties. Following these directions mentioned below will show you on how to rename multiple files at once with few clicks.
1. Select files that you want to rename. CTRL + A to select all files or press CTRL and mark the files one by one to select files of your choice.
2. Now you can right click and select Rename or else you can directly hit press F2 button on your keyboard as the shortcut to renaming the files. Provide the desired name to the first picture only and then you would see all the files that you have selected are automatically renamed by including (number) in it.
Here is the example of it.
1. Select all the files that you want to rename it (you can use CTRL button & then select or press CTRL + A button to directly select all). When selection is done click on Rename by right click using your mouse or you can hit F2 which is intended to the same purpose.
2. Now give a name to the file which you want to have. Like as I have Aishwarya Rai Wallapapers, I renamed it accordingly.
3. Then Windows will then automatically rename all the files by including the extra number at the end of each file, like (1), (2), (3)…..
With this you can rename any number of files in a single click. This trick not only works in Windows 7 but also in the earlier version of Windows like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000.