Have you ever wanted to keep moving wall papers just like these days many mobile phones have this capability which is most popular by the name Dream scene which allows you to use video files as your desktop back ground or wall paper. Though Windows XP doesn’t support Dream scene, the immediate versions of Windows XP like Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system supports Dream scene. Also, Downloading and running Dream Scene from a different operating system will not work.
Firstly, you will need to download and install the latest version of free VLC media player if you don’t have it, it’s just 18 MB in size.
Procedure to set videos as desktop wall papers:
- After installing the VLC Media Player, launch VLC Player by right clicking on the VLC Media Player icon on the desktop or in programs and click on Open.
- Now, all you need to do is to click on Tools and then click on Preferences to proceed.
- As soon as you click on Preferences, a new preferences window will be opened up where in you will find two pane, left and right.
- Now, from the left pane, select video and in the direct x option in the right side of the pane, check on Enable Wallpaper Mode option. Also, in the output option, select the Direct X (Video Draw) video output and hit on Save button.
- Now when you play a video, the video will be automatically played as your desktop wallpaper. With VLC Media player, you can not only set wmv files as your wallpaper but also other file formats too.
Please note, you can also use this method on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system. When the video is set as your desktop wallpaper, the theme will automatically change to Basic mode and it will return to normal theme mode with wall paper when you finish watching videos.