By default Internet explorer 9 comes with a search engine of Bing, many of us would want to change this to either Google or Yahoo search or also to some other search engine of your choice. Now, we will see how you can change / add / remove it to other search engine.
Procedure to add search provider:
- First, you will need to open IE9 and type a search term in the address bar. When the suggestions appear on the screen then all you will need to do is to just, click on Add at the bottom as shown below.
- Now, you will be redirected to Add on’s gallery page. To add a search provider, all you need to do is to click on Add to Internet Explorer.
- After clicking on Add to Internet Explorer from the above option window, the Add Search Provider window will be popped up and now click on OK to add. If you want to set it as your default search provider then check the option Make this my default search provider and there you go, you have successfully changed the default search provider.
Procedure to manage search providers (set Default or Remove)
- First go to tools and if you can’t see Tools option on the IE 9 window, then just key in Alt tab in your key board and you can see that Tool bar will be popped up.
- Now, in the Tools, click on Manage Add-ons option.
- Now, in the Manage Add ons window, you can select the search providers option from the left pane and you can remove the unwanted search preference or also you can set your preferred search provider as your default search engine. And also you can prevent programs from suggesting changes to make it default provider by simply checking this option.
- Now after making all the changes its time to click on Close to close the window and enjoy the internet browsing according to your favorite preferences.