For all those who wanted to ensure that the themes are not changed in the Windows 7 based computers then we will let you know on how you can easily stop the users from changing the Windows 7 themes. Many times it happens that users change the theme according to their choice forgetting the fact that it’s not their computer. Though this may sound silly for some, but seriously this may seem irritating for quite a few of the users. So, let’s check out the same on how you can lock the current theme on your computer so that it can’t be changed.
There are some softwares which do this work but for all those who don’t want to use such softwares, we will tell you on how you can tweak the settings on how you can easily set this setting of theme locking.
Procedure to lock the current theme in Windows 7:
- First up you will have to click on the “Start” from the desktop and after that in the search field you will have to type in as “regedit” and then press on Enter from your keyboard.
- Now, next up you will see that the new window of registry editor will be popping up as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, after opening the registry editor you will have to find the path from the left pane HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer
- Now, after this you will have to right click on the Explorer icon where you will find an option which is called as New and then click on the option of DWORD (32) bit Value as shown in the above screen shot. After selecting the same, you will see that on the right side of the window a new registry is being created which is as shown below,
- Now, just double click the new DWORD and change its value to 1 and that’s it you have now successfully made the changes in the registry editor and now you can easily set the theme preference of your choice and the theme will be locked successfully.
Please note that to apply the changes made in the registry editor you will have to restart your computer and if you want to make everything as normal as before and want to change the theme and wallpaper again, then all you need to do is to just simply delete the NoThemetab key from the registry path which is mentioned above.