Of late, we generally talk of only Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when it comes to web browsing as its currently having tons and tons of add-ons but did you know there are some cool trick applications which pledges to ease your Internet browsing by taking convenience to a whole new level. Have you heard of turning your favorite websites into web applications with a click? No, then the latest Internet explorer 9 will help you in creating the web application. Most of us surf some particular websites like twitter, Facebook to name a few, so opening your favorite website every time by typing whole URL sometimes become tiring or even searching from the big list of book marks may too sometimes become tiring. So let’s check out how you can turn your favorite website into web application.
Procedure to turn your favorite web site into web application:
- First, you need to open the Internet Explorer 9 browser.
- In URL field, enter your favorite website address which you wish to make a web application of, like shown below “www.yahoo.in”.
- Now after opening the web page, it is time to click on Settings icon which is located on the top right side of the IE 9 browser screen, after clicking on Settings, a drop down box will appear, click on File and select Add site to start menu.
- After clicking on Add site to start menu, a new pop up will be popping up wherein you just need to click on Add to proceed as shown below,
- Now, the browser window will quickly disappear and will reappear and when it reappears, you will notice that the site’s favicon is displayed on the left side of the toolbar and that the Back and Forward buttons have changed colors so that they better match the color of the favicon of that particular website like in case of yahoo it becomes violet.
- For accessing the web application all you need to do is to just click on the Start button, go to yahoo icon and right click on that and select “Pin to start menu” or “Pin to task bar” as per your convenience and you are done with creating an icon on the task bar or on program menu.
- After the Yahoo icon is pinned to task bar or to start menu, you can also create a shortcut to the start menu task bar pallete. All you need to do is to just simply drag the yahoo icon to the start pallete as shown below.
- So, now you have successfully created a web application with a simple hidden trick. So now every time you wanted to surf your favorite website, you need not type in whole URL, in fact all it will be needing is just one click and that too with a personalized favicon for individual website as you can see below.
This feature is more like a hidden feature for Windows 7 users as with simple few clicks you can turn your favorite website into web application. So, next time when you want to instantly check out your web site, just create a web app and enjoy browsing with a personalized touch with dedicated favicons.