The gaming experience is just getting better in Windows 8. You can enjoy all your PC games, Xbox Live games and Mobile OS games right all at one place. Windows 8 metro will be the house of all popular mobile game titles soon and with Xbox Live integration, you can enjoy all your Xbox titles on your Windows 8 device as well.
You can easily download games in Windows 8 from Windows Store app. The games can be played using traditional keyboard and mouse as well as on touchscreen tablets or PCs as well. I have tried few Windows 8 metro games and liked playing them a lot.
Here is my personal list of top Windows 8 games available to play:
1. Fruit Ninja – The popular and addictive game which first came for iPhone and later stroked all other popular mobile platform is also available to play on Windows 8. You just need to swipe your finger or use mouse dragging across the screen to deliciously slash and splatter fruit like a true ninja warrior. Fruit Ninja features Classic, Zen and the amazing new Arcade mode.
The game size is 51.6 MB and available in Windows Store to download for free.
2. Cut the Rope – The game start with the arrival of a mysterious package with the little monster inside has only one request…CANDY! Help get the candy to Om Nom, the lovable star of the game, in this highly innovative and addictive puzzle game. Combining outstanding physics, devilishly tricky levels, and bright colorful High Definition visuals, Cut the Rope is one of the most original and fun-filled games in the Store!
The game size is 53.2 MB and available in Windows Store to download for free.
3. Mahjong Deluxe Free – It is a solitaire game based on the classic Chinese game where you are challenged to eliminate all the tiles from the board. It includes 9 lovely backgrounds and 56 different puzzle layouts.
The game is played with a set of tiles based on Chinese characters and symbols and made for us in China. Find matching pairs of images at the left and right ends of the lines in the various puzzles to remove the tiles from the board.
The game size is 12.5 MB and available in Windows Store to download for free.
4. Flow – It is a simple puzzle game. The motive of the game is to connect matching colors with pipe to create a flow. Pair all colors, and cover the entire board to solve each puzzle. But watch out, pipes will break if they cross or overlap!
The game has 10 different board sizes with 30 levels of each type. There are 300 levels total available in Free Play mode. The game size is 584 KB and available in Windows Store to download for free.
5. Sudoku Free – Play standard 9×9 grid Sudoku puzzles. The game has three difficulty levels, intuitive metro-styled interface, and all the functions right at your fingertips. This Sudoku game is highly interactive and you will surely enjoy exercising your brain.
The game supports touch, mouse and keyboard input. You can also undo, redo and take pencil notes. It also support live tiles showing the current level and percentage complete. The game installer is of only 3.29 MB and available in Windows Store to download for free.
6. Dark Arcana: The Carnival – The game is highly interactive and has a creepy theme. The player impersonates a detective who searches for a young woman who mysteriously disappeared in a fun fair.
During the game she unveils a creepy legend of a mystic Mirror – a portal to Another World, hiding long forgotten Evil which tries to escape the prison. She also learns about the tragic past of one of the employees of the carnival, who had accidentally killed his own fiancé many years ago during a show. He is the only person to know the Mirror and its secret and over the years, trying to find redemption, unintentionally fell under the influence of the Evil and is now about to commit a terrible crime.
The game size is 206 MB and available to download for free in Windows Store.
So, these are few of my favorite Windows 8 Metro games. Have you played any of them till now? Or do you have any other favorites in your list? Let us know in comments section.