Earlier we shared a tutorial on how you can update the Windows Phone to 7.0.7403.0 version, which is the one prior to the release of the official Mango version of the operating system. The Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update is available and it has got several feature updates and enhancements, which we would be discussing after the tutorial below which explains how you can update your phone to the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango version, which is coded 7.10.7720.68.
You need to have the Zune software on your computer, and updated to the latest version.
If your Zune software is not updated to the latest version, go to Settings > Software > General
In General, you would see a section “Software Updates”. In that, go to “Check for Updates” and you would see a new version available for update. If there is a new version available, update and follow the instructions.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open Microsoft Zune software while the phone is connected to your computer, so that the software searches for the update available for the phone.
- While the installation process is going on, you would see the update screen on your Windows phone, just like in the image below –
About Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Update –
The 7.5 or later version would be called the Mango version of the Windows Phone, where there are a lot of advancements, a few of which include –
- Create and use Custom ringtones for your phone
- Visual voicemail – Read the voicemail, rather than giving some extra time to listening to it.
- Speech commands
- Threading of messages from multiple platforms, conversation view and linking various inboxes
- More social networking
- Multitasking and switching between the apps
- Improvement in the live tiles
There are several other improvements and advancements, which we would be listing and guiding you on how to get things done in the Windows Phone 7 Mango OS.