When you run the program PlaySound to play the music, your PC slows down because of the memory leak which occurs in the Audiodg.exe process. This memory leak consumes several hundreds of bytes every time that they PlaySound function is called for the use. This phenomenon was first observed in Windows Vista and then later carried on to Windows 7 and lately it has been observed in Windows Server 2008.
If you have a performance monitor software running on your PC while you play the music or movie, the instance when the movie began to slow, you can view the audiodg.exe in the process consuming 30 to 40 % of the CPU which actually causes the problem.
The basic solution to the problem is explained here. If this doesn’t work then you need to contact the Microsoft Help.
How to Disable Audio Effects
To disable the audio enhancements use the following steps –
- Right click on the speaker icon on the windows taskbar right corner.
- Now select the Playback Devices from the menu.
- Double click the device which has green check mark. It will open the properties windows for that device.
- Now navigate to Enhancement tab at the top.
- Now click on Disable all enhancements check box.
- Click on the OK button to save your settings.
Once you have done that the movies will now play without any issues.