For all those who don’t have either a Windows Phone 7 or even a Windows 7 but still want to taste the latest Windows Phone 7 tile experience on a larger screen in desktop and that too wither on your Windows 7 system or Windows XP system. With one of the best user interface, the Windows Phone 7 has really won the hearts over its great and fab looking experience. So, let’s check out how you can download and set the same on your Windows based System. This is one of the Widgets which i personally love it as it actually provides the Windows Phone 7 look alike experience right on your desktop with a larger, better and smarter view.
- First up all you need to do is to just download the Windows Phone 7 Widget setup file in your computer as shown in the below screen shot,
- Next, you will have to click on the downloaded file and need to extract them and in the extraction process if the password is prompted then you need to enter the password as “windowstotal.com”.
- Now, after the extraction, you need to open the folder and need to click on Metro Home exe file after which within a flash the Widget will be installed which will be looking like this,
- So, after the widget gets installed now all you need to do is to just configure the same as per your personalization like the location etc. which is done as shown below, all you need to do is to just right click on the Widget to get the preference options,
- So, after configuring the settings like Aero Glass view, Update frequency etc. its now time to set the location of the weather as by default the location is set to New York.
So, after choosing the right preferences you can now easily start usng your visually appealing Windows Phone 7 like widget on your Windows based system.
Video Demo :