If you have used the latest Internet Explorer 9 then you must have surely tried to pinning the website icons in the IE9 to the desktop task bar as this makes easy shortcuts of all your favorite pin ups with the website’s default favicon which may not sometimes go well with the theme which is set, so let’s check out on how you can easily customize these icons as per your choice in a step by step tutorial given below.
Procedure to change the pinned website icons in the IE 9:
- Instead of showing up the icons as shown below which is in fact a very confusing as well as the very cluttered view which is shown below.
- So, to avoid this and to add the icon as per your choice as shown below to avoid the confusion and the cluttered view, you will have to follow the procedure.
- First of all you will have to right click on the icon in the task bar which you wish to change, after which you will have to click on the Properties as shown below
- Now, as soon as the Properties window pops up, switch to Website tab and choose Change Icon as shown in the below screen shot
- Here, you can now choose the icon from the Change Icon window. If you don’t like them, click on Browse and point to your own icon where you have saved it or you can choose from the System 32 folder as shown below,
- So, after selecting the icon from the above list of icons, just click on the Ok option to save your chosen icon setting.
- In addition to the system icons, you can also additionally look out for the icons of your choice if you are having any, as you can browse and select the same,
So, as you can see in the above screen shot you can see that the icon sets have been made simpler by choosing the desired icons. That’s it, by following the above tutorial, you can easily change the pinned up icons.